Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs):
This Webinar is eligible for 1.5 PMI® PDU in the Technical Category of the Talent Triangle.
Best Practices for Using Project Server 2010 – Microsoft Project Server 2010 is a revolutionary software tool. Learn how to get the most out of this exciting release as Dale Howard, Microsoft Project MVP, presents recommended best practices for using Microsoft Project Professional 2010 and Project Web App. The focus on these best practices will be methodologies to better track and manage projects in Project Professional 2010 and to use the features in Project Web App more easily.
This Project Server 2010 session benefits both PMs and Administrators. Dale will cover the following topics:
- Add a PWA Home link to the Quick Launch menu
- Lock the Start and Finish columns on the Tasks page
- Use the Load Summary Resource Assignments option in the Login dialog
- Use the Status Manager field
- Use the Assignment Owner field
- Using the View Availability page in PWA
- Customize the Microsoft Project 2010 user interface with Project Server commands Set up the Tasks page so users can see the WBS
- Rename the Task and Calendar items in a Project Site
- Enable versioning on the Project Documents library
Dale Howard is the Director of Education for Sensei Project Solutions. He is in his 14th year of serving as a Microsoft Project MVP (or Most Valuable Professional) and is currently one of only 64 Microsoft Project MVPs in the entire world. Dale is the co-author of 21 books on Microsoft Project, Project Server, and Project Online. He works out of his home in Wildwood, Missouri (a west suburb of St. Louis).
Have you watched this webinar recording? Tell MPUG viewers what you think!