Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs):
This Webinar is eligible for 1.5 PMI® PDU in the Technical Category of the Talent Triangle.
You should be able to:
Step 1: Enter Project Information
- Setup the start date / finish date
- Understand relevance of base calendars
- Customize the base calendars.
Step 2: Create WBS
- Show the project summary task
- Types of tasks: normal, summary, milestones and recurring tasks
- Set the right project calendar
Step 3: Link tasks
- Appreciate why linking tasks is better than entering dates
- Create task dependencies using Gantt Chart view
- View network diagram
Step 4: Assign resources to tasks
- Add resources (work, material, cost) through Resource Sheet view
- Assign budget and non-budget resources to tasks
12. Understand how task type field affects work, duration and units calculation
Step 5: Optimize schedule
- Identify the critical path
- Use different views to spot resource over allocation
- Resource smoothing options without affecting project finish date
Step 6: Baseline schedule
- Set a first baseline
- Baseline fields vs Forecast fields
- Update selected tasks in baseline
Step 7: Track actuals, and report status
- Use Tracking table to record actual at task level
- Use Resource usage to record actual at assignment level
- Report project and task progress
Sai Prasad, MCTS, PMP, PMI-SP, has been with service provider Cognizant since 2001, where he was named winner of the company’s Global Trainer of the Year award. Sai has conducted 5,000-plus hours of training in technical and project management topics. He’s also the editor of the project management book, Forecast Scheduling with Project 2010.
Have you watched this webinar recording? Tell MPUG viewers what you think!