Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs):
This Webinar is eligible for 1 PMI® PDU in the Technical Category of the Talent Triangle.
Do you know the right way to approach and structure portfolio management? This session will show several examples of portfolio management, the right way to approach it, and the top 3 critical success factors. At the end of this 1 hour session attendees will have an understanding of how these portfolio engagements are best approached, the value they provide to the business and the basic vocabulary used.
Today’s economic challenge requires companies to rethink how they align their project investments to support their business strategy and optimize their return on investments. In addition, understanding the balance between investment risk versus executional risk through portfolio optimization helps organizations be better positioned to make the “right” investment or reallocation decisions.
Project Portfolio Management is about ensuring you have the correct mix of projects that are focused on taking the business where it has decided to go. It is about being able to respond quickly to identified changes in the environment, enabling the business to set the direction and then create a series of tactical steps to get there.
This one hour session is a foundation course to provide an overview of what is project portfolio management, why do companies need to adopt the portfolio management process, who will be involved within a company and real case studies on benefits organizations gained in deploying project portfolio management process.
- To give an understanding of what is portfolio management and why companies need to adopt this process
- To discuss the value of portfolio management and its contribution to business
- To share company case-studies of best practice of deploying project portfolio management process in different industries.
Who Should Attend
Business executives, sponsors, PMO staff, programme managers, project managers, resource managers, project team members, and all those who are responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of projects.
- Understand the Project Portfolio Management (20 mins)
- Defining the PPM
- Relationship between portfolio, programme and project
- Relationship between strategy, portfolio and shareholder wealth
- Identifying areas of pain
- Challenges and best practice consideration
- The 10 Commandments of PPM
- Defining the PPM
- What are your Value and Benefit propositions when you introduce Portfolio management process (15 mins)
- Case Studies in deploying Strategy, Portfolio and Benefits Framework in Manufacturing, Oil and Gas and Healthcare sectors (20 mins)
- Q&A (5 mins)
This session is an excellent introduction the Project Portfolio Management Certificate Series.
Have you watched this webinar recording? Tell MPUG viewers what you think!