Creating a Project Workspace Template is easy. In the past I have been using STSADM commands to manage this. The issue is often the template is associated with a project schedule and thus fails to become a template. I just recently I found a few easy steps.
From Project Professional
- Create a project called ‘Project Workspace Template”
- Save Project
- Publish Project which creates a project workspace called “Project Workspace Template”
- Delete the “Project Workspace Template” project but do not delete the associate project workspace. At this point, the association of the project workspace is freed and can be used as a template.
From “Project Workspace Template” Site
- Customize the site as needed to meet your requirements
- Load all the standard documents and templates in the Project Document Library
From Site Setting as site as a Template
- Under the “Look and Feel” section; “Save the Site as a Template”
- Once it is saved, it will appear in the selection of the EPT.
From PWA / Server Settings / Enterprise Project Types
- Select the EPT to update
- Under the Project Site Template, select the newly created template