Adding R&R into Individual Resource Calenders

Online Project Management Courses, Lessons, and Live Events | MPUG Forums Discussion Forum Adding R&R into Individual Resource Calenders

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jacobus

Hello,
      I have several resources (personnel) who are operating on different rosters (all 3 weeks on 1 week off, just staggered). I am trying to personalise each of their Calenders such that 1 week a month they are down as “Exceptions”. The issue I have is trying to specify a full week of “Non work” in the “Change Working Time” box, for example Wednesday 13/01 to Wednesday 20/01.
      If I go to the “Details” Tab, set the “Recurrence Pattern” to Weekly with the “Recur every” option set to 4 weeks and tick every day of the week, set “Start Date” as Wed 13/01 and hit ok, the only days off are the 13th through to the 16th?

Can you please help
      Cheers
      Jacque

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

A couple of things that might help. First, make sure the Range of occurrence is set to a date out in the future. Second, unless your week starts on Wednesday, you will need to setup two recurring events. One for Wednesday through the end of the first week, and another on the start of the second week to finish their week off. Hope that makes sense and helps…

Jacobus

Thanks Larry,
      Took me a moment to realise what you meant but that is working now with the two recurring exceptions. Dare I ask why I need to have two half week long entries though instead of one week long recurring period?
      I tried changing the start of the week to Wednesday, however this did not change anything (still only a few days were recognised).

Cheers
      Jacque

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

It was a response to your Wednesday to Wednesday week. If your calendar week is Wed-Wed then you are fine, but if your calendar week is the default or something other than that it will require two recurring tasks. Project uses the calendar week as it’s week number. Hope that helps. Glad you got it working.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.