Auto populate Start, Finish & %complete from one task to another for Summary

Home Forums Discussion Forum Auto populate Start, Finish & %complete from one task to another for Summary

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Mani

I have a long project with 1000+ Tasks in it.
      I want to create a summary of Key Milestones as the first set and pull out the progress from the tasks from other line items. Here is a simple example.

NAME START END %COMPLETE
      A.Project Key Milestones
      Requiement Phase – Auto Populate the START/END/%COMPLETE FROM the summary of Requirement Phase
      Design Phase – Auto Populate the START/END/%COMPLETE FROM the summary of
      Development Phase – Auto Populate the START/END/%COMPLETE FROM the summary of

B.Requiement Phase
      Task-1
      Task-2
      Task-3
      C.Design Phase
      Task-1
      Task-2
      Task-3
      D.Development Phase
      Task-1
      Task-2
      Task-3
      E. SIT
      Task-1
      Task-2
      Task-3
      F. UAT
      Task-1
      Task-2
      Task-3
      G. DEPLOY
      Task-1
      Task-2
      Task-3
      H. MONITOR
      Task-1
      Task-2
      Task-3

daryl deffler

Mani
      It sounds like you simply want a 1 page summary snapshot overview of your project showing only key summary levels.
      Have you thought of creating a view showing only summary tasks and only summary tasks at the higher outline level numbers. For example, where Summary = Yes and Outline Level < 3 (or whatever level you’re looking to show). The Summary field indicates the task is a summary task. The Outline Level is essentially the indent level within the project where level 1 is equal to the top most project level summary. In other words, level 1 has no other summary level above it.
      Then, if needed, customize the data table fields or the task bar display to include the desired data fields.

There is a technique in MS Project (used to create hammock tasks) where the start date for task A, for example, can be linked to the start date of task B. However, last time I used this technique, I found it to be unreliable as the links randomly broke over the course of the project, and of course you had no way to know when they did break. While I know this linking technique can be used on date fields, I’m not sure if it can be used on other task fields such as %complete or work.

My recommendation is to start simple and work within the design of the MS Project tool using a view and see if that can provide you what you want.

Hope that helps

Mani

daryl deffler, Thank you for your valuable feedback. So no direct ways to do it. Let me work it out the work around. Thank you very much

julia1304
      Participant

I feel very happy to read this article, it is very helpful and everyone’s answer is also very good friday night funkin free

WP

Make money trading opions. The minimum deposit is
      10$.
      Lean how to trade correctly.
      How to earn fromr $50 to $10000 a day. The more you earn, the more profit
      we get.
      binary options

Swann55
      Participant

Auto populate Start is a feature in Microsoft Word that automatically inserts the date and time into a document as you start typing. This can be useful if you need to get medical dissertation help and keep track of when you started working on a document or if you want to insert the current date and time into a header or footer. To turn on Auto populate Start open the Word Options dialog box and then click Advanced. Under Editing options select the Automatically insert date and/or time check box.

koneshy

It is quite interesting to read this kind of information, but again, I would like to understand from which source the information comes. for example best wordpress theme for elementor give an understanding of how rbaotat sales and the flow of information

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.