- 12/01/2010 at 3:02 pm #4861
1. Open up the intended master project plan in Project Professional 2007.
2. To add a project select insert> project (and then locate the file). Afterwards save and publish the master project onto Project Server. This will make the subproject a subproject on the server. (Please be aware that you are currently unable to run highlight reports on subprojects).
3. To remove a project plan (and thereby make it a normal project), select the project task from within the master project plan, view task information and then on the advanced tab de-select the check box to “Link to project”. Save and Publish the master project to make the update to project server.
4. Doing this should reinstate your subproject as a normal project – and allow you to run reports on it!!
-Ryan Lynn12/02/2010 at 12:10 pm #6049
For 2007 make sure you have SP2 installed and ALL hotfixes as some master project bugs are still being addressed. Patches have to be on server and client.