Insert & Publish Subprojects into Multiple Master Projects

Home Forums Discussion Forum Insert & Publish Subprojects into Multiple Master Projects

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      AJ Beers

Hello,

I am working with MPP 2016 Enterprise. I have 3 subprojects that I would like to link to 4 master projects. One of the master projects (Project 1) will contain all 3 subprojects, and then the other 3 master projects will each contain one of the subprojects. So far so good. I have given Project 1 read/write access and the other master projects read only access to the subprojects. The plan is for me to be able to view/edit the subprojects from Project 1 and it will automatically update to the other master projects. I am running into an issue while publishing Project 1. I get this error:
      “The current project has inserted projects that are present as inserted projects in other master projects as well. A project cannot be inserted into multiple published master projects.”

Am I stuck or is there a way around this? Thanks in advance for any help!

Dan Schaeffer

I haven’t got an answer for you, but What’s the motivation behind the read-only master projects? Seems odd to have a master project with only a single sub-project.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.