Is there a way I can use a Master with sub-projects on different calendars?

Home Forums Discussion Forum Is there a way I can use a Master with sub-projects on different calendars?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Wondering if I can get some advice creating a Master Project (MSP2013 Standard, no Project Server software). I have 3 projects of which 2 are utilising a Standard calendar 8:00AM to 5:00PM 8hr day 40hr week, and 1 project (the largest) utilising a Customised calendar 7:30AM to 3:30PM 7.5hr day 37.5hr week.
      The dominant project is running on the Customised calendar so I have set the Global Options in the Master to reflect the 7:30AM to 3:30PM 7.5hr day 37.5hr week. Then set the calendar in Master Project Information default to the Customised calendar. Finally, the resource pool for all 3 projects is in the Master.
      No problem when I insert the sub-project into the Master which is using the customised calendar. All data is reflective of the original project. However, when I insert either of the 2 sub-projects using the 40hr week calendar the Summary Headings for the inserted projects are incorrect. For example, instead of being 2 weeks duration, the summary heading displays 2.13 weeks, and instead of 4 weeks duration, the summary heading displays 4.27 weeks.
      The Global settings appear to be interfering with the projects on the Standard calendars. I am surprised and extremely frustrated as I thought the settings in the Master would not affect anything?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.