Progress line against baseline 1

Home Forums Discussion Forum Progress line against baseline 1

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Adam Glover

Good morning All,

I’m sure I must be missing something very simple here.

I have a project that was baselined, then for various reasons a revised programme was agreed with the client and I created a Baseline 1.

I want to be able to view a progress line against this new baseline 1, however, I can’t find anywhere to change which baseline is used to create the progress line.

Can anyone assist?

Many thanks

Adam

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Adam, I didn’t see any option to set which baseline to use for the progress bar. I suggest, which I teach as best practice, to always use Baseline as your current baseline. Then use Baseline1-10 for historical baselines. All variance fields and views use Baseline and it is easier to use those as is then creating all your own calculations. You can use the Set Interim Plan to copy baselines (IE: copy Baseline to Baseline2, then Baseline1 to Baseline, then Baseline2 to Baseline1). Then use Clear Baseline to clear Baseline2. hope that helps…

Adam Glover

Hi Larry,

That’s really helpful, thank you.

It makes a lot of sense, but it snot something that has been taught to me in any of the MS Project courses I’ve attended.

Thanks again

Adam

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

That’s unfortunate, but somehow doesn’t surprise me. Too many classes just teach the mechanics. It’s understandable as they are trying to cram a lot in to a session, but still unfortunate.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.