Resource Pool Calendars

Home Forums Discussion Forum Resource Pool Calendars

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mweber
      Participant

If I have a resource in the Resource Pool that has more than 100% availability (three people with the same job position and responsibilities or even multiples of the same physical resource/tool) is there a way to adjust the pool to reflect one of them not being available for some amount of time?

Kim
      Participant

Ensure that the %max units is set to only reflect time available for project work and then enter their away time in the system to better reflect their true availability.

mweber
      Participant

Unfortunately not quite what I was looking for: Hypothetical situation –
      Let’s assume I own a roofing company and I have a need for long ladders. They’re expensive, I have a minimum of them so I have included them on my resource sheet so when people plan jobs, they also plan on having that resource available. Let’s assume there are three of them and that I know that one will not be available the first week of March and that I want to reflect that on the Resource sheet. I would do this so that planned jobs in this timeframe would not end in unpleasant surprises. IF I go the resource sheet my options are to have the resource or not have the resource. Although MS Project allows you to enter more than 100% for availability, you can not make it some percentage less available. Plan B is to wait until the first week of March and then reduce availability, but that doesn’t support planning. Or I can list each ladder separately which creates clutter and forces one to spend time looking for the ladder that might be available.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.