Unable to save changes to working time of enterprise resource

Online Project Management Courses, Lessons, and Live Events | MPUG Forums Discussion Forum Unable to save changes to working time of enterprise resource

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

We’re using Project 2016 and have set up enterprise resources. We’ve tried changing their work times, but it is failing to save.

I am set up as a global administrator. In Project Pro I have a checked-out enterprise resource and I go into the Resource Information window and select Change Working Time. It opens a Resource calendar for the specific resource which is based on the standard calendar. I then go to Work Weeks and with Default highlighted, I click Details. I then click the “Set days to these specific working times” radio button and change the time for Monday. I click OK a number of times to get back to the Resource Sheet that shows the checked-out resource. When I try to close the resource it prompts with the message “Want to save your changes to Checked-out Enterprise Resources?” I click on “Yes”. It closes the confirmation popup, but does not close the resource (it is still shown as a checked-out enterprise resource). I can try to close it again and I get the same confirmation popup asking me to save. It never appears to actually save. If I just close without saving and go back into the resource, the changes have not been saved.

It does not give me any more information. Am I missing some permission?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Eric Uyttewaal

Hi Steve (I happen to know your real name…),

Microsoft has acknowledged this to be a current issue (dare I say ‘bug’?). Adrian Jenkins from Microsoft wrote in our MVP-discussion group “There are actually two parts to this fix one that is already on the servers and other in Project Professional”. Gary Chefetz, another MVP, reports that the first build of Project Server (Project Online) to fix this is: 16.0.6001.1061 . Look for builds that have that or a later release build number.

Hope this helps!

Eric Uyttewaal, PMP, MVP in Project

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.