Workforce Planning

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      I’ve been asked to review solutions to the problem of workforce planning for both our projects and operations. Has anyone used project as a tool to track a large list of projects and the resources required for those projects. In our case we have about 30 different teams that will each need to input their projects and resource requirements each month. I can see project working for one person inputting the data but I’m not sure it would work well for possibly 30 different people inputting data.
      Yes, many people use Project for managing multiple proejcts. However operations work rarely fits a project as it’s ongoing (opposite of a project with a fixed time frame.)
      You would need one Project file per project and setup processes for managing multiple projects and good training for all PMs.

Yes, for both….We use project server to track capital IT projects by Dept and by portfolio.  Operations, we developed schedules for each IT group and with in each group established support buckets based upon applications.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.