Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs):
This Webinar is eligible for 1 PMI® PDU in the Technical Category of the Talent Triangle.
In the third of the four-part “Digging Deeper” series of MPUG webinars, the “Learning More about Using Task Mode and Task Dependencies” presentation will help you to gain in-depth knowledge about the Task Mode feature in Microsoft Project 2010 (Manually Scheduled tasks vs. Auto Scheduled tasks) and will show you how to use the different types of task dependencies most effectively. This presentation will include the following topics:
- Manually Scheduled Tasks: Friend or Foe?
- Understanding Task Mode
- Auto Scheduled vs. Manually Scheduled Tasks
- Accidentally Creating a Manually Scheduled Task
- Problems with Manually Scheduled Summary Tasks
- Alternatives to Manually Scheduled Tasks
- Using Task Dependencies
- What are Task Dependencies and Why Do We Use Them?
- Avoid Linking Summary Tasks
- Be Aware of Circular Logic in Your Schedule
Dale Howard is the Director of Education for Sensei Project Solutions. He is in his 14th year of serving as a Microsoft Project MVP (or Most Valuable Professional) and is currently one of only 64 Microsoft Project MVPs in the entire world. Dale is the co-author of 21 books on Microsoft Project, Project Server, and Project Online. He works out of his home in Wildwood, Missouri (a west suburb of St. Louis).
Have you watched this webinar recording? Tell MPUG viewers what you think!