Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs):
This Webinar is eligible for 1.5 PMI® PDU in the Technical Category of the Talent Triangle.
Learn how to meet your organizations need for automation of business process and enforcement of Project Portfolio Management governance through the powerful new workflow capabilities in Project Online/Server 2013. Scott Clausen and Jacques Goupil of PPM Works, Inc will provide recommendations, demonstrate the steps for designing, building and implementing Project Server workflows for Project Online/Server 2013. Come learn how to unleash the power of workflow with Microsoft’s Enterprise Project solutions.
This 3-hr session split across two days, will provide you the knowledge and information to understand, create, and manage Project Server/Online workflows. We will cover the benefits of Microsoft Project workflows, assist you to understand the workflow functionality set within the products (Project Online and Project Server), guide you through the necessary pieces to creating successful workflows, and providing you with a Workflow Checklist, that you can use when you create your own Project Server/Online Workflows. We will also cover advanced workflow topics and capturing Ideation within your organization.
These two sessions will cover the following topics, active participation and questions are strongly encouraged.
- Introduction / About PPM Works
- Benefits of Workflows (Ideation to Portfolio Analysis)
- Workflow Capabilities for Project Online/Server 2013
- Workflow Building Blocks
- PWA: Understanding all the components (Enterprise Fields, Workflow Phases / Stages, Business Drivers, and Enterprise Project Types
- Leveraging SharePoint Designer: Actions, Activities, and Stages
- Recommended Workflow Checklist from Business Process Mapping Template to Workflow Testing and Error Correction
- Advanced Workflow Actions (Portfolio Approval and Modifying Project Fields)
- Ideation from SharePoint Lists (if time permits)
Have you watched this webinar recording? Tell MPUG viewers what you think!