Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs):
This Webinar is not in the PMI® system. However, it is eligible for self-directed learning PMI® PDU credit.
Speakers: Rod Gill, MVP
This one hour session will cover:
• What is VBA?
• Difference between Project VBA and Excel or Word VBA
• Examples of its power
• Skills needed to use it
• Sharing VBA code with other Project users
• Sharing VBA Code via Project Server
For the VBA presentation Rod will be presenting 3 samples as follows:
- Event sample: How a macro can automatically move the timescale to today’s date every time you open a project.
- S-Curve sample: A popular report on a project is cumulative Work and cumulative Costs against cumulative baseline Work and Cost is called an S-Curve. This Project VBA macro automatically creates an S-Curve in Excel using the active project in Project Professional or Standard.
- Project Report in Excel: This Excel VBA macro uses data from Project Server: Summary Task, Milestones, Risks, Issues and Resource Usage across all projects in Microsoft’s demo VPC image.
VBA for Project and Excel is a very powerful tool. This presentation shows in one hour how easy it is to tap into this power using these three samples.
Have you watched this webinar recording? Tell MPUG viewers what you think!