I recently delivered a webcast to MPUG members in which I referenced my Quick Access Toolbar sample. I find it extremely helpful for better navigation and resource management with Microsoft Project 2010. My Quick Access Toolbar will allow you to start your own standard toolbar, which you can share with your entire organization. Just send them this link.
Steps to importing the Quick Access Toolbar
1. Move the Quick Access Toolbar below the ribbon and customize. This will allow you to view more of your favorite commands.Right-click on the Quick Access Toolbar and select Show Quick Access Toolbar Below the ribbon.
2. Download the Jacques Quick Access Toolbar.exportedUI here.
3. Export your current Quick Access Toolbar settings if desired. Exporting will create a file with the extension ‘.exportedUI’ – you can put this on your desktop or other preferred location.To export,cick on the Customize the Ribbon option and then click the Import/Export button and choose Export.
4. Import the Jacques Quick Access Toolbar. Click on the Customize the Ribbon… option and then click the Import/Export button and choose Import.
5. Navigate to the Jacques Quick Access Toolbar.exportedUI file that you downloaded in step two above. You will be prompted to”Replace all existing Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar customizations for this program.”